Westside Dance and Gymnastics Academy
Savings through the first 6 months
|Average Electrical Energy Consumption||30%|
|Building Electrical Demand||10%|
|Average Gas Energy Consumption||7%|
To improve lighting quality and reduce operating costs.
Based in Tigard, OR, Westside Dance and Gymnastics Academy (“Westside”) offers dance and gymnastics programs for children and adults. The 14,000-sq.ft. facility is in almost constant use during the daytime and evening. The fluorescent lights in the gym, though not burned out, were below-code and dimming with age.
To create energy savings while improving indoor conditions through enhanced lighting and climate controls with no cash outlay. This was achieved by installing the following:
- The AgileVolt TM system to aggregate energy consumption data, reveal usage patterns and minimize fuel consumption
- Energy-efficient, cost-effective light-emitting diodes (LEDs) to provide immediate savings and long-term maintenance cost reductions throughout their 10-15 year lifespan
- Occupancy sensors that automatically switch off lights in empty rooms and photo sensors that assess daylight and adjust the electric lights accordingly
- Controllers that optimize operation of 7 rooftop units (RTUs) as they intake/exhaust warm and cool air to create a comfortable building environment
- A building management system or central “brain” that monitors and controls equipment and adjusts schedules and temperatures through wireless and cellular networks.
With no cash outlay and financed through guaranteed energy performance, the Academy was able to expand the project scope to include both HVAC and lighting–temperature, lighting, and comfort were much improved; facilities were made more attractive; electrical energy consumption decreased by 30% (3,000 KWh), the building’s electrical demand declined by 10%, and gas energy consumption dropped 7%.